Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In An Absurdly Perfect World

Let me start out by saying: Luck does not exist, you make your own luck, and being lucky never won anyone anything. (Have fun thinking about that one!)

Also: a quick alert: There will be a lot of pictures in this entry. Eye candy like woah, so be prepared.

Anyways, this entry is purely inspired by an unintentional all-nighter, excitement for the coming triathlon season, and obviously - the most important thing of all - looking fast (not necessarily being fast). What if you could put together the most epic and (just-so-happens-to-be) most epic-looking set-up out there? Yes, you would do it...pending resources and time, and getting good enough that you could rock it without looking like a complete fool. Just more motivation to get into the best shape I can.

Forever, my favorite colors have been Black and Orange...especially when it comes to athletic gear (black and orange isn't quite standard formal attire...yet). One might think this is from my Middle/High School colors at North Yarmouth Academy: the Panthers, but I have loved the colors from well before then.

So why the excitement about black and orange? It just so happened to work out that PBMC Triathlon Team has Black & Orange kits (1) that are awesome to say the least - and from first sight of them I was pumped (big understatement). Then, as a graduation gift to myself, I bought a pair of Oakley Jawbone sunglasses: customized as black and orange (2). The kit and shades are set in stone. Now the variables: bike, shoes.
(1)
(2)

I am currently riding a 2006 Trek Madone 5.2, and put aero bars on it for multisport races. Obviously having a TT bike would be a lot more optimal of a situation for triathlon...so I've been looking into potential machines. I have no idea what the summer/next year will consist of job-wise, but that's why we're talking hypothetically, right? Top choice (pending it being a great fit) is the 2011 Felt B12 (3), a killer ride. I mean a Speed Concept 9.9 ProjectOne would be sexy, but completely absurd (I suppose a picture can be put in anyways (4)).
(3)
(4)

The last bit is something my buddy Seth just showed me: the new Mizuno Wave Universe (5) racing flat. Note: I'm not sure how viable of a shoe this is as I have never tried it, but it is the lightest, slickest flat out there.
(5)

Put them all together and what do you get: Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment