Friday, September 9, 2011

Offseason Project: Full Overhaul of Blog

Welcome to the new blog, the Pursuit of Glory, at pursuingglory.blogspot.com. Why a new blog, you ask? Because I am left with a lot of free time without training. Okay, maybe it is really that I wanted a title that pertained to everything that embodies me rather than being seemingly void of anything except triathlon. Which leads to reason two: I am not always going to be focusing on a singular sport for the rest of my life, and there may (but hopefully not) be times I will not able to do anything competitive at all.

Also, I flat out liked the name more. And I spent a couple hours on the logo...surprised? I was able to retain the original concept that led to me blogging at all "The Run for Glory" and make it a more wholesome, meaningful title. Considerations included Chasing Glory (which I found to be directly associated with NYRR), Chasing Jens (Voigt, obviously, but too specific...and might as well chase unpredictable, badass rockets), Kurtis sarcastically tossed out "try not to suck" (which I amused myself with considering - but he said that's what he would call his blog if he had one), and, lastly, I considered "Levius Fortius Citius" (Smoother Stronger Faster) but playing off of the Olympic Motto was a bit too overboard epic sounding. Then I got thinking and came to the idea of using pursue rather than chase. Chase gives the connotation of something that you are fully aware and knowledgeable of, but have not attained. Pursuit, to me, is more of a quest that will take you places you never knew existed.

May the the Pursuit of Glory begin continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment