Friday, November 16, 2012

Cycling Bars: The Making of a Double Batch!

So, you like the cycling bars, right? Well I like them a LOT, and go through so many of them that I needed to make a double batch. I'm going to figure out the cost of a batch & per bar once I remember to save all my receipts!

The Making of a Double Batch! :)

Big bowl, lots of yummy.
Mix it up good! Once that binder is in, not much is going to change.
Put the binders in, and heat it up!
Continually stir, once it bubbles like this (or has big bubbles in the middle) you're ready to pour! If you're keen, you may have notice I switched where I was heating it...I went to gas - if you do this it is really easy to burn the mixture, and agave nectar + almond butter is not cheap!

A good trick is to pour some then mix, then pour more, etc until you have empty the pot. It makes mixing much easier and a lot smoother and, most of all, more even. The bigger the batch, the more critical it is to do this - such as tonight's double batch!

That would be a 17.5"x11" pan and is about 1" deep. Lots of bars.
I had some extra from the big bowl, so I made some Power Balls. Some sports require one ball, cycling requires a lot of them.
One critical note: the balls do not hold together well, you need more heavy binder (almond butter, etc) for them to actually hold shape well. These were pretty fragile!

Just wanted to give y'all a little foodie goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment